Monday, September 04, 2006

Rain on my Roof

Here is another of my poems from the dark side. It is strange, is it not, what the mind does while lying on that cold steel bed as it enters the sterile environment of the tube, the scanner that hides nothing and reveals all? The mind panics and fears the worst … that is the nature of the human psyche.


Rain on my Roof

Darkness closes about me
like a solitary cell.
Large drops of rain upon my roof …
a steady splat, splat, splat.
Imprisoned as I am,
confined within a body
that no longer works as it should.
I seek escape
but have not the key.
No longer is my world one of sunshine.
of hope.
Within this body’s prison I languish alone,
without soul.
My heart beats cold and stony,
no love to keep it warm,
no joy to give it hope.
Only the rain upon my roof,
a steady splat, splat, splat.

Vi Jones
©September 4, 2006

3 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

I had one MRI and I don't think I can ever do it again. I didn't realize until the procedure was nearly over how enclosed I was and I began to panic as they were pulling me out. I hope I don't have to have one again.

What emotions you evoked with this piece, Vi!

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is terrifying Vi. Having witnessed Darryl go through so much I understand what you are saying. His soul is trapped in a body that is limiting him in so many ways.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Vi
I'm thrilled to read your work here at the Chambers.

Wonderful read, please come back soon

Anita Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home